Tuesday, October 03, 2006

My life

COLD

I'm so cold I dip my toe into the warm inviting bath.

As I start to relax I watch the flames on the candles I've lit, I start to smell the warmth of the lavender, and my mind goes back over the hustle and bustle of my week just passed, boy what a week.

I then think about my friends I see them daily and something has always changed from the day before.

I look up and see the moon trying to read my words, I open the window and say good evening.

So dark yet the clouds that pass in front of it look so white, but then changing to black when they have passed by.

I lye back and the water hugs me keeping me warm, I try and think of emptiness, I hear the television from my room, and the dripping of the tap just to keep me from falling asleep and waking up like a prune.

Why do we always seem to get lost in ourselves when looking at a flame, is it the quietness of it or the shier beauty of it.

I think both.

I'm now warm and relaxed.

Lets hope I sleep tonight.

1 comment:

Chrissie said...

I really like the line "I look up and see the moon trying to read my words. I open the window and say 'Good evening'"

FAB!